JUST BITE ME MEALS GIVEAWAY (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Friday, August 19, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) and ends on Monday, September 19, 2022 at 6:00 pm MST (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Just Bite Me Meals (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must complete one of the following:
a) No purchase entry: Include your personal information on an index card (Name, phone number, email address, home address) and place in a sealed envelope. Mail Entry to: 17633 114 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB. All mail in entries must be received within the Contest Period.
b) Contest entry. Earn 1 entry for every $25 spent during a single purchase on eligible products (gift cards excluded), and earn a bonus 25 entries for $250 spent during a single purchase on eligible products (gift cards excluded). Purchases must be made during the Contest Period to be eligible. Multiple purchases allowed.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
4) On Friday, September 23, in Edmonton, Alberta, at approximately 10:00 a.m. MST, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period for each respective prize. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted via phone call and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
a. confirms compliance with the contest rules;
b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by phone call within one (1) business day of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she/ they will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
6) Grand Prize: There will be one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of a Louisiana Black Label Smoker, Louisiana Insulated blanket, Louisiana Grill Cover, Louisiana Wood Pellets, x1 Brisket (approximate retail value $2500 (CDN)) (“Grand Prize”). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award.
Runner Up Prize 500: There will be one (1) runner up prize 500 available to be won, consisting of Just Bite Me Meals Gift Card (retail value $500 (CDN)) (“Runner Up Prize 500”). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash.
Runner Up Prize 250: There will be one (1) runner up prize 250 available to be won, consisting of Just Bite Me Meals Gift Card (retail value $250(CDN)) (“Runner Up Prize 250”). Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash.
7) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
8) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
9)All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
10) Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void.
11) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
12) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she/ they is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).